Compensation and Benefits
The foundation of our offering is a Compensation and Benefits program designed to support your needs and reflect our corporate value of Balance.
- Competitive base salaries - We offer competitive salaries and extensively research the market to ensure our employees are compensated fairly. Salaries are reviewed annually and merit increases are the norm, not the exception, given our high employee performance.
- Salary progression - The majority of our retail branch roles benefit from our salary progression program, which is independent of the annual salary review. This program is designed to keep your skills and salary moving upwards throughout the year as your knowledge and skills develop.
- Performance-based incentives - It is important that we reward superior performance. Pay-for-performance programs are designed to recognize outstanding corporate, team and individual achievements.
- Banking services and financial benefits - Employee financial benefits include no-fee staff banking accounts, a reduced-rate and reduced-fee MasterCard credit card, as well as staff rates on loans and mortgages. Computer loans are available interest-free, and we’ve partnered with a number of organizations such as local hotels and fitness clubs to offer our employees corporate discounts.
- Retirement savings plans - Retirement planning is important at any age. BlueShore Financial offers a retirement income via a pension plan to help our employees secure their future. Employee contributions to the plan are tax-deductible, so you get some of those contributions back right away.
- Flexible health and dental benefits - Group benefits provide coverage and peace of mind for you and your family. Our unique program of flexible benefit credits allows you to choose the coverage that's best for you, and change your benefits as your needs change. Our plan even provides emergency medical travel coverage and allows you to top up your vacation.
- Life and disability insurance - Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance are included in your core benefit package at no cost to you to protect your income. Employees receive disability insurance coverage at a nominal charge so that any claims made are tax-free.
- Medical Services Plan - BC Medical Services Plan premiums are covered to provide for basic medical services offered by physicians and other health care practitioners.
- Education financial assistance - Support for advanced education such as professional designations (e.g. CFP, CPHR or CA) or advanced degrees or diplomas is available through our continuing education and leadership programs.
Vacation & time off
- Vacation - Depending on your position, you can expect to start with three or four weeks of vacation per calendar year. At key milestones in your employment, you will receive additional weeks of vacation. You also have the option to add vacation days through our flex benefits plan.
- Paid time off - We recognize that you have commitments that extend beyond your professional life, so we offer paid time off to study for exams, to volunteer, and even to celebrate your birthday!
- Employee and Family Assistance program - To ensure your health and well-being, you and your dependants will have access to professional counselling, childcare and eldercare planning resources, financial and legal consultation, online Health Risk Assessment tools, interactive E-Courses, related articles, podcasts and more. All at no cost to you and with complete confidentiality.
- Keeping Well Benefit & programs - Need new running shoes or looking to try a special yoga class? The Keeping Well Benefit provides a financial incentive for all employees to nurture wellness in their life outside of work. We also offer an onsite gym at head office, and host regular “Keeping Well” activities for employees throughout the year.
- Commuting benefits - To ease the strain of commuting and to promote sustainability, BlueShore Financial offers a transit subsidy for all employees who purchase monthly transit passes. In addition, we have an Emergency Ride Home and Carpooling program to help employees get where they need to go.