Long-Term Care Insurance
Enhance your coverage. Extend your quality of care.
- Helps pay for health expenses not covered under your provincial plan
- Enables you to obtain quality care
- Reduces the fear of outliving your savings
Are you or your parents approaching retirement? Long-term care insurance† is well worth considering. It protects you, as well as your loved ones, in the event extended care is needed.
Many people are under the impression their health insurance will cover long-term care costs. Yes and no. Provincial medical plans have eligibility requirements for skilled nursing care only, and the funding provided is for a limited time period. Health insurance and medical supplemental coverage generally do not cover nursing home care. Individuals and families pay most long-term care costs.
Long-term care coverage helps with support such as:
- The cost of assistance with daily activities such as bathing, eating and dressing
- Skilled nursing care or rehabilitation training, either in a nursing facility or at home
- Long-term care associated with cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer's or dementia
The right advice makes all the difference.
Protecting yourself and your family and ensuring long-term quality of life is critical. The best approach is to discuss your needs with a BlueShore Wealth insurance advisor (a subsidiary of BlueShore Financial). They'll source the best policy at the most competitive price from leading Canadian insurance companies.