The war was over and the baby boom was in full swing. As the population began to increase rapidly, developers in North Vancouver created new sub-divisions, such as Capilano-Highlands and Norgate, to attract young families. Construction began on the Second Narrows Bridge, the lower roads and train tracks were rebuilt, and shopping centres such as Edgemont Village and Park Royal were founded.
We built and moved into our first official Head Office
The population boom was also being felt at North Shore Community Credit Union. Membership continued to grow at a steady pace, to reach several thousand by the end of the decade. Operation of the credit union moved from the basement of our first president, Tom Dearlove, to a small office at 1323 Lonsdale in 1953. Five years later, we built and moved into our first official Head Office at 1100 Lonsdale in North Vancouver.