Economical $U.S. banking
- No need to convert your funds to make U.S. payments by cheque
- Transfer funds between your U.S. and Canadian accounts – online, in-branch or by phone through our Solution Centre
- Shelters you from exchange rate fluctuations
- Complements U.S. Savings account
The U.S. Chequing account holds your funds in U.S. currency and cheques are negotiated in U.S. dollars.
This account is ideal if you frequently write cheques to pay bills or meet other obligations to U.S. organizations, businesses or residents, or if you regularly receive money from the U.S. The account offers the following benefits:
- No monthly package fee; then pay on a per-transaction basis
- Transfer between your U.S. Chequing and U.S. Savings accounts without conversion to Canadian currency – online or in-branch
- Transfer between your Canadian and U.S. accounts at the standard conversion rate – online or in-branch
- In-branch access to U.S. cash (not available through ATMs or direct debit)
- Free monthly statement, including cheque images
- Deposits are 100% guaranteed*
Please note that this account cannot be accessed from ATMs that distribute U.S. funds.
Current rate: 0.00%†
|U.S. Chequing service charges|
|Transfers (between BlueShore Financial accounts)||$1.00a,b|
|Withdrawals – BlueShore Financial, THE EXCHANGE® or ACCULINK® ATM||N/A|
|Withdrawals – Interac® ATM||N/A|
|Withdrawals – Cirrus or U.S. EXCHANGE® ATM||N/A|
|Point of Sale (in Canada)||N/A|
|Transfers (between BlueShore Financial accounts)||Freec|
|Pre-authorized Payment Debits||$0.70a,b|
a Service charges in U.S. dollars
b May be counted as a free transaction(s) as per package setup.
c Standard foreign exchange rates apply between Canadian and U.S. accounts.
* Deposits are 100% guaranteed. Protection provided by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.