Travel Rewards Gold Mastercard
Earn your kind of rewards.
- Annual Fee: $99
- Additional Card: $30
- Grace Period: 25 days
- Interest Rate: 19.90%
- Credit Limit: $500 - $100,000*
Extra protection plus points performance.
With the Travel Rewards Gold Mastercard® collect points whenever you use your card so you can get closer to that dream vacation or special purchase. It’s the perfect card that gives you a higher credit limit with the added security of an extensive travel insurance package. Supplemental cards are available so you can add someone else to your account and earn your well-deserved rewards even more quickly.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 charged for retail purchases, and 2 points for every $1 charged in foreign purchases.
- Worldwide flight options on more than 100 airlines and more than 80,000 hotel locations.
- Points can be redeemed for premium merchandise, travel, gift cards or events from FlexRewards.
- Redeem points for a 1% value (10,000 points = $100 worth of travel, merchandise, gift cards or cash).
- Amount of FlexRewards® you may accumulate is unlimited each calendar year.
Out-of-Province/Country Travel Health Plan
- Covers up to 48 days of each trip outside your home province or country up to $5,000,000 including:
- emergency hospital services
- emergency medical care and services
- emergency paramedical services
- emergency dental services
- emergency living expenses
- emergency transportation expenses
- return home, if required for further medical attention
- family hospital visits if insured person is travelling alone and hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days
- return of deceased
- Coverage applies to cardholder and spouse under the age of 76, eligible dependent children and grandchildren. Coverage is up to $5,000,000 of eligible expenses. Please see more details on coverage
- Review the certificate of insurance when you receive your card.
Other Travel Benefits
- Common carrier travel accident insurance - up to $1,000,000 coverage when your ticket is purchased with your Mastercard.
- Unexpected return home benefits - in the event of a death in your immediate family, you are covered for up to $2,000 for return travel.
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Applies if you, a family member, or a traveling companion falls ill, experiences serious injuries or passes on unexpectedly, and requires you to cancel your tickets at the last minute.
- Applies when travels are changed for a variety of reasons (cancellation before departure, delayed departure/missed connection/default of a travel service supplier).
- Coverage applies to card holder and spouse and dependent children travelling with you.
- Tickets will be refunded up to $2,000 per person per trip in case of cancellation and unlimited for early or delayed return.
- Baggage Coverage - if your luggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours, you are covered for up to $500 compensation, and baggage theft or damage entitles you to up to $1,000 compensation.
- Travel Assistance - Travel assistance, including 24-hour assistance to confirm coverage, provide referral to physicians or healthcare facilities, transportation if you require emergency care, and assistance for the following: replacing lost or stolen tickets or identification documents, finding lost or stolen baggage and in case of accidents and legal problems.
Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- 90-day purchase protection:
- Protection against loss, theft and damage for most items purchased with your Mastercard.
- Items will be replaced or repaired, or you will be reimbursed the purchase price.
- Some limitations apply.
- Extended warranty:
- The manufacturer's warranty is automatically extended by up to one additional year for most items purchased with your Mastercard.
- Warranty must be valid in Canada. Other limitations apply; see the certificate of insurance when you receive your card.
Rental Vehicle Benefits
When you rent a car with your Mastercard, you're protected for up to 48 consecutive days with:
- Collision or loss damage waiver benefit - equivalent to that offered by the car rental company, provided you decline the car rental company's optional collision damage waiver.
- Rental vehicles which are part of a car sharing program are eligible for Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage coverage if the entire cost has been charged to your Mastercard and other eligibility requirements were met.
- World-wide global acceptance serving consumers in 210 countries and territories**
- 24-hour lost/stolen card assistance
- World's largest ATM network
- Emergency cards and cash advances
- Zero liability fraud protection