Ways to Invest
Full service or DIY; we can suit your investment style.
Everyone has their own way of doing things. Some like to be hands-on while others prefer to have experts roll up their sleeves and do the heavy lifting for them. Whatever your preference, we can accommodate your investments with services tailored to suit your needs.
Our full-service brokerage services feature investment advisors registered through Credential Securities® who can plan, build and manage a sophisticated investment portfolio on your behalf.
Independently-minded investors can access our cost-effective, self-service online brokerage services with Credential Direct®, consistently ranked one of Canada's top online brokers.
Whether starting out or already an experienced investor, make sure you're adequately prepared and informed to make good decisions regarding your financial planning. Talk to us about creating a financial plan that includes an investment mix tailored to your lifestyle, long-term objectives, and risk tolerance.
CRM2 brings more clarity to your investments
At BlueShore Financial we believe that developing a trusted relationship with an investment advisor is key to reaching your financial goals. We also know that understanding how your investments are performing, and knowing what your costs are for advice and portfolio management, helps you assess the value you receive from your advisor.
While we have always provided full disclosure of costs when an investment account has been opened, we are very pleased to work with our investment partner Credential Financial Inc. to implement a new set of rules developed by Canada’s investment industry regulators.
Known as CRM2 (Client Relationship Model - Phase 2), these rules have been created to make it easier for Canadians to understand how their investments are performing and how much their investments cost.
More clarity to investment performance and costs
What the changes mean to you:
- Clarity about how your investments are performing - allows you to assess your progress and make informed decisions towards achieving your financial goals.
- Clarity about the charges and compensation you've paid for your investments.
The result of these changes:
- At account opening and at the time of purchase, you will be provided with a clear explanation of costs and related charges for your investments.
- On a quarterly basis, you will continue to receive an enhanced account statement that provides a comprehensive overview of your investments.
- On an annual basis (beginning January 2017), you will receive two new reports:
- A Performance Report summarizing your investment performance and rate of return.
- A Charges and Compensation Report that provides in total dollar amounts, the fees and charges you have paid for the services provided by your dealer firm.
Have questions about your portfolio?
If you have any questions about CRM2 or your portfolio please do not hesitate to contact your financial or investment advisor at any time.
If you do not currently have investments with us, we would be happy to review your investment statements from other institutions. It can often be very helpful to get a second opinion and our expert advisors can answer any questions you may have to help ensure your portfolio is on track.