Money & Wire Transfers
Get funds from here to there - fast.
As a client, you can use our incoming and outgoing money transfer services to send funds to any financial institution in Canada, the U.S. or overseas.
A minimum fee of $15.00 is charged for all outgoing wire transfers and $10.00 is charged for all incoming wire transfers, plus any agent and correspondent charges, and costs incurred by BlueShore Financial to complete the request.
If you are looking for lower cost alternatives to transfer money, consider Interac e-Transfer available through Online Banking. It takes only minutes to transfer money between Canadian bank accounts using Interac® e-Transfers.
Receive a Wire Transfer
The individual or business sending you the wire initially transfers the funds to a central financial institution.
- For Canadian dollar transfers, it is then sent directly to your financial institution.
- For U.S. dollar transfers, it is routed through intermediate institutions before being deposited at your financial institution.
- For transfers sent in currencies other than USD or CAD, please contact us for details.
To receive a wire transfer to your account, you will need to provide the following routing instructions together with your name, full legal address and account information to the individual or business sending the wire:
Please note: The wire transfer will not be accepted if the beneficiary name (account holder) and account information are not specified.
Locate information for wire transfers
Find your Account number within the relationship
You may either locate your account details at the bottom of your cheque, or contact our branch staff or Solution Centre at 604.982.8000 (1.888.713.6728 toll-free) for assistance.
Find your account information in online banking
You can find all of your account information within Online Banking. Simply click on one of your chequing or savings accounts and look at the "account details".
You can even print a branded letter with an image of a void cheque and all of your account encoding. To do this simply click on the "Void Cheque Letter" link in the same location.
Find your branch name and address
Using our Find Branch and ATM Tool
Find your charter/branch number
Send a Wire Transfer
To send a wire transfer to any financial institution in Canada, the U.S., or overseas, you must complete and sign a wire transfer request form available from any of our branches.
You will need the following information:
- Full name of the person to whom you are sending the wire (the beneficiary)
- Full legal address (no P.O. boxes) of both the receiver and sender are required
- Branch location, including the bank name, street address, city and country
- Account number of the beneficiary
- For transfers to the U.S., the Bank of America requires a 10-digit beneficiary account number.
- For transfers to Mexico, an 18-digit beneficiary account number is required.
- For transfers to most European countries* as well as Mauritius and Tunisia, the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) must be used. The IBAN is alphanumeric and the length varies by country. The IBAN is provided by the recipient.
- For transfers to Mexico, Egypt, Hungary, Poland and Bahrain, the ordering customer's name, account number, and address must be included.
Fees vary depending on the value, currency and the destination country. Non-conforming money transfers will be returned, minus fees. We do not send Canadian funds outside of Canada. Transfers to the United States must be sent in USD. Overseas transfers must be in USD or the local currency of the receiving country.
Domestic transfers initiated by 11:30am generally are credited on the same business day. Transfers to the U.S. initiated by 11:30am generally are credited within one business day. International wire transfers initiated by 12:00pm generally are credited within two to four business days.
Many money-wiring scams are initiated through email or by telephone. You may get requests to wire money in order to obtain a prize, participate in a foreign lottery or business opportunity, or to get a credit card or loan. Never respond to such offers.
* IBAN-regulated countries include: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritius, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom.