Home is where the heart is. It's where life-changing events, quiet moments and family festivities all happen. Every home needs a solid financial foundation and that includes a mortgage that meets your needs.
What type of mortgage is right for me?
This easy-to-use selector tool will help you determine what type of mortgage you should consider.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
Variable Rate Mortgages
Full repayment flexibility and savings potential.
- Variable Rate Open Mortgage – A low potential mortgage rate over the short-term and the option to make extra payments without penalty.
- Variable Rate Closed Mortgage – Greatest potential for savings in mortgage interest rate.
- Split Rate Mortgage – The best of both worlds: the savings of a variable rate with the security of a fixed rate.
- Capped Rate Mortgage – The savings of a variable rate mortgage with the security of a capped interest rate to minimize risk.
- Interest-Only Variable Rate – The lowest possible payments - intended for short periods of time.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Make your home equity work for you.
- Home Equity Line of Credit – Leverage your home equity for home improvements, vacations or further investments.
Our specialty mortgages address unique needs.
- Own-to-Rent Mortgage – Designed for the unique needs of those purchasing rental property for investment or income.
- Summit Mortgage – Expensive real estate means larger mortgages; up to $3 million for clients with higher net worth.
- Self-Employed Mortgage – For the business owner, a mortgage that reflects your true earning power with competitive rates.
BlueShore Financial mortgages offer the following features:
- Flexible: choose the right term, from 6 months to 10 years, and the right amortization (as long as 30 years).
- Multiple payment options: Choose weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly payments to suit your cash flow. Up to 15% of the original principal can be paid down each year on the mortgage anniversary date. Also, scheduled payments can be increased, on an ongoing basis, by up to 15% once each calendar year.
- Custom built: If a listed mortgage option doesn't seem to be what you need, we can build the ideal mortgage solution for you.
- Portable – Take your mortgage with you when you purchase a new home (with qualification).
- Assumable: Transfer your mortgage terms to the buyer when you sell (with qualification).
- Waived legal fees: If you borrow additional funds or choose another BlueShore Financial mortgage, you pay no additional legal fees.
- Extended financing: Up to 80% of property value or up to 95% if insured by CMHC, with down payments as low as 5%.