The convenient way to send money
With secure and immediate access to your funds, Interac e-Transfer® makes sending or receiving money simple.
- Only the recipient's email address or mobile phone number is required
- Email or text messages notify recipients of incoming transfers
- Create and share a very specific security question with the recipient that only they would know so only they can access the funds
Receiving money is equally simple
- Give your email or mobile phone number to the person sending you the money
- You’ll receive an email or text message notifying you of the incoming transfer
- Answer the security question the sender provides you
- Log in to Online Banking and deposit your funds
- Makes it easier and more convenient for your customers to pay their bills
- Simply provide them with your business email address, and let them know about this payment alternative
- Improve cash flow with more timely deposits
Interac e-Transfer® fees & limits
A service fee of $1.50 per transaction applies (with the exception of Unlimited and Premium Account holders for whom there is unlimited e-Transfers). The fee is charged at month-end. There is no fee for receiving funds via e-Transfer; the sender bears the cost.
The following limits apply when sending funds through Interac e-Transfer®:
- Transaction limit: $3,000
- Daily or weekly limit: $10,000
- Monthly limit: $20,000
Interac e-Transfer® is only available through Online and Mobile Banking. If you're not currently registered for Online Banking, please contact us for assistance – it's fast and easy.
More Questions? Review eTransfer Frequently Asked Questions.
Have a question? Ask an expert.
Our team of experienced professionals are here to answer any questions you may have. Email or call 1.888.713.6728.
Email an expert nowclose
We'll reply within one business day.