The convenient way to send money
With secure and immediate access to your funds, Interac e-Transfer® makes sending or receiving money simple.
- Only the recipient's email address or mobile phone number is required
- Email or text messages notify recipients of incoming transfers
- Create and share a security question with the recipient so only they can access the funds
Receiving money is equally simple
- Give your email or mobile phone number to the person sending you the money
- You’ll receive an email or text message notifying you of the incoming transfer
- Answer the security question the sender provides you
- Log in to Online Banking and deposit your funds
- Makes it easier and more convenient for your customers to pay their bills
- Simply provide them with your business email address, and let them know about this payment alternative
- Improve cash flow with more timely deposits
Interac e-Transfer® fees & limits
A service fee of $1.50 per transaction applies (with the exception of Premium Account holders for whom there is unlimited e-Transfers). The fee is charged at month-end. There is no fee for receiving funds via e-Transfer; the sender bears these costs.
The following limits apply when sending funds through Interac e-Transfer®:
- Transaction limit: $3,000
- Daily or weekly limit: $10,000
- Monthly limit: $20,000
Interac e-Transfer® is only available through online banking. If you're not currently registered for Online Banking, please contact us for assistance – it's fast and easy.