- The First Half Giveaway on Instagram is managed by BLUESHORE FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION, 1250 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H6.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry (age 19). The Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household are not eligible. By participating in this Contest, Entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsors sole discretion.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on December 18, 2023 at 6.00PM PST and ends on December 21, 2023 at 05.00PM PST, after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible individuals may enter the Contest in any one of the following ways: Tag a friend in the comments. Please note you must already follow BLUESHORE FINANCIAL on Instagram for BlueShore to be able to message you in the event you are selected as the winner. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
CONTEST PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive two (2) complimentary entries for the RUNVAN First Half Marathon, presented by BlueShore Financial
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Organizer reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest Period.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: December 22, 2023 the organizer, or an employee, agent or other representative of the organizer, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner. The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrant(s) must provide the requested information, name, email, address and phone number to the organizer by December 23, 2023 17:00 PST.
The Selected Entrant will be notified by December 23, 2023 17:00 PST on the day of the draw and will be contacted as follows:
If the Selected Entrant entered by liking BlueShore Financial Giveaway Instagram posts, BlueShore Financial will direct message on Instagram to let them know they have won. The Selected Entrant will then have until December 23, 2023 16.00 PST to reply back or direct message BlueShore Financial through Instagram with a telephone number at which they can be contacted. Upon receipt of the phone number, up to three attempts will then be made to contact the Selected Entrant at the phone number provided.
If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted in the manner described above, their entry will be declared void and a further entry will be randomly selected. The organizer is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the organizer to receive a Selected Entrant response. Disputes regarding identity of Entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign BlueShore Financials’ Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the organizer, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the Released Parties from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for property damage or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, which the Entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, the Entrants participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the Entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an Entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest d/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an Entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a persons ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the Entrants computer or to any other individuals computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrants participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer &hackers; or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- RIGHT TO SUSPEND/MODIFY/TERMINATE: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it.
- GOVERNING LAW: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between Entrants and the organizer, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in City of Vancouver, British Columbia.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the organizer. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the organizer is strictly prohibited. The organizers marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by Entrants.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS: All decisions of the organizer, and any judge or judges appointed by the organizer, with respect to any aspect of the Contest shall be final and without appeal. All entries and prize claims become the sole and exclusive property of the organizer and will not be returned.