Mobile Banking FAQs
- What is BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking?
BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking allows you to do your banking on the fly, using your mobile phone. And we have two Mobile Banking services: one optimized for smartphones; the other for simple text messaging.
- What can I do using BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking?
Depending on the type of mobile phone you own and data plan you subscribe to, you'll have access to different banking functions:
- What does it cost to use BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking?
BlueShore Financial provides Mobile Banking services to its members for free. You may, however, be charged by your carrier for the text messages or for your Internet capability. Standard message rates apply so please check with your carrier for details.
- Is my personal information secure in BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking?
Yes, your personal information is very secure in BlueShore Financial Mobile Services due to a number of security and authentication protocols:
For Smartphone Banking: You have the same security features you do when you log into Online Banking from your desktop or laptop computer. You are authenticated when you enter your Access Card number and unique Personal Access Code and protected by other security protocols. As a good practice, we do recommend that if you have Bluetooth technology* enabled on your mobile phone, that you disable it prior to accessing your personal banking information through your mobile device until completion of your transactions.
[*Note, Bluetooth technology provides a way to exchange information between wireless devices such as PDAs, mobile phones, laptops, computers, printers and digital cameras via a secure, low-cost, globally available short-range radio frequency band.]
For Text Banking: Since you are not logging in to Online Banking when you access Mobile Text Banking, your account information is not exposed. Also, when you register for Mobile Text Banking, you give your accounts nicknames so your account numbers are never visible or accessible. In addition, you will only receive a text message when you text a command to 67281. And if you ever misplace your phone or it's stolen, you can disable or delete your phone immediately.
- Will BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking work outside Canada?
This service is designed to work on mobile phones from a Canadian mobile carrier on a Canadian mobile network. If your carrier has a roaming agreement with a foreign carrier, you should be able to access BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking. Roaming charges may apply. Please contact your carrier for more information on your phone's ability to roam and what charges may apply.
- How do I download the new BlueShore Financial Mobile app on my Smartphone?
Downloading the BlueShore Financial app is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Apple App Store, or Android Market on your Smartphone and search for BlueShore Financial.
- Next, review the information and click on the "FREE" icon at the top right corner.
- When the icon changes to "INSTALL APP" click on it again.
- When prompted, enter your app store credentials.
- The app will download and install onto your device.
- I've seen mention of the QuickView feature, and while the idea of seeing my account balances at a glance without having to log in sounds convenient, do I need to have this feature enabled?
No. The default setting of the QuickView feature for the BlueShore Financial app is "off." You need to turn on QuickView to activate it.
- How do I remove the BlueShore Financial app from my phone?
Simply highlight and hold down the BlueShore Financial icon on your screen. An “X” will appear on the upper-right corner of the icon. Touch the “X” and the app will be deleted from your device. Then, click on the Home button to stop the icons on the screen from shaking.
- Will BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking for smart phones continue to be available?
Yes. BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking for smart phones continues to be fully operational. You can use mobile banking with any Internet-enabled Smartphone.
- My phone's been lost or stolen. Is my banking information at risk?
If your phone should ever go missing, only the QuickView account balances can be viewed if you have activated this feature. Other transactions on your account can only be accessed if someone knows your personal access code. Contact your mobile carrier to have your phone deactivated. And, if you're concerned about your personal access code for online banking being at risk, contact us right away to have it changed.
- Is the BlueShore Financial app free?
Yes. BlueShore Financial doesn't charge anything to download the BlueShore Financial app. Be aware, however, that some phone plans charge for data use. Since the app uses data, your carrier may charge for your data use while you're using mobile banking. If you use your mobile banking on a free Wi-Fi connection, you may not be charged; check with your carrier to confirm the specifics of your plan.
- Can I use the BlueShore Financial app if I am the co-user of a shared or joint account?
Yes. As with online banking at BlueShoreFinancial.com, both you and the member with whom you share the joint account can log into mobile banking using your individual access card numbers and personal access code.
- What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a new feature on the BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking app that allows you to conveniently, quickly and securely deposit Canadian cheques on your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device.
- Is Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes. Mobile Deposit is safe and secure. This function is part of the Mobile Banking app, which means that it (along with all mobile banking transactions) is protected and confidential. In addition, Mobile Deposit cheque images are never stored on your smartphone or tablet – they are purged after the transaction is complete to prevent access to personal information if the device is lost or stolen. . Please note, however, that public and free Wi-Fi connections should not be used for any banking transaction; for enhanced security we recommend that you use your carrier’s Internet connection.
- Is my device compatible with Mobile Deposit?
You will need a smartphone or tablet with a rear-facing camera and is either an Apple or Android device. Current supported Apple devices include iPhone 3GS or later, an iPad 2 or later and iPod Touch. The operating system must be iOS 6.0 or later. Android devices require 4.0 operating system or later.
- How do I deposit a cheque?
Depositing a cheque is quite simple. Once logged in to Mobile Banking, click Deposit and follow the instructions. Here is a brief summary of the instructions; however, you can also view the tutorial video.
- Select the account into which you’d like to deposit the funds.
- Enter the amount of the cheque.
- Sign and write "For deposit only" and the Account number on the back of the cheque.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the cheque with your smartphone or tablet.
- Click Confirm.
- What should I do with my cheque after I’ve completed my deposit?
After you deposit the cheque, write "Deposited" with the date on the front and keep it in a safe place. This will remind you it has been deposited and prevent potential duplication. Please destroy the cheque 90 days after the initial deposit. You do not need to mail it in. Check your statement to ensure the deposit was made correctly. If you see any errors or omissions, please bring the original cheque to the nearest BlueShore Financial branch.
- What happens if I deposit a cheque twice by accident?
If we detect a duplicate deposit, we will make the appropriate adjustment and inform you.
- When will my money be available in my account?
You'll be able to see your deposit in your account immediately after you complete the mobile deposit, but the amount of your cheque won't necessarily be included in your available balance at that time. Access to your funds is the same as if you had completed the cheque deposit at an ATM; holds may apply. When a cheque is held, some or all of the deposited funds are not available to you for a certain number of days. To find out about the hold policy on your account, please call our Solution Centre or inquire at your branch.
- Is there a limit on the amount of a cheque?
Yes, an individual cheque cannot exceed $100,000. There is also a maximum daily amount of $100,000. If you have a business account, just be aware of your monthly free transaction limit associated with your account and the cheque deposit fee if you exceed that limit.
- Is there a limit on the number cheques that I can deposit in any given period?
No, there are no limits on the number of cheques you can deposit, only limits on the cheque amount and total amount in one day (both $100,000).
- Is there a fee to deposit a cheque using Mobile Deposit?
There is no specific fee to use Mobile Deposit. Depending on your account plan, there may be a fee associated with making a deposit – this would apply whether the deposit was made using an ATM, Mobile Deposit or in-branch. Please refer to your account package for details, or feel free to contact us. (Please be aware of data usage and/or fees that may apply from your wireless carrier.)
- What types of cheques can I deposit?
You can deposit personal and/or business cheques payable in Canadian dollars drawn on any Canadian financial institution. The cheque needs to be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
- What happens if I enter the wrong amount by mistake?
The app is able to detect if the amount you enter does not match the amount on the photo of the cheque. If that is the case, it will ask you to check the amounts before proceeding.
- How will I know if there is an issue with my deposit after I submit the cheque?
In the rare circumstance that there is an issue with the deposit after you receive confirmation during the deposit, you will be contacted by us.
- What if I take a bad picture of the cheque?
Mobile Deposit performs over 30 image quality assurance tests on each picture submitted to ensure that the image is accurate and that each field can be read. If the image does not meet all the criteria, you will be asked to take a new picture.
- Can Mobile Deposit be used outside of Canada?
The app can only be downloaded in Canada but once downloaded, it can be used anywhere in the world where there is cellular service.
- Can I deposit a U.S. or other foreign currency cheque using Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit can only deposit Canadian cheques. The ability to deposit U.S. cheques to U.S. account is under development.
- Can I use Mobile Deposit to deposit money order and bank drafts?
Mobile Deposit can be used to deposit money orders and bank drafts as well as personal and business cheques, government cheques, Convenience cheques and Certified cheques.
- If the amount on the cheque was changed and initialed by the issuer, can I still deposit it using Mobile Deposit?
The app should recognize the altered amount; however if it does not, you will get an error message, and may not be able to proceed. If this occurs, you will need to deposit the cheque at an ATM or at your branch.
- What happens if I forget to endorse the back of the cheque?
If you forget to sign the back of the cheque, your mobile deposit will still be accepted and the transaction will complete.
- Can multiple cheques be deposited in one transaction?
No, each cheque must be deposited separately. Once the deposit is confirmed, you will have the option to deposit another cheque, go to the Mobile Banking menu, or simply close the app.
- Will I be able to see the image of the cheque in my online account statement?
No, the image taken by Mobile Deposit does not get transferred to your account statement. When you make a deposit with Mobile Deposit, only the text details appear on your statement; no image is available.
- Can “delegates” deposit cheques using Mobile Deposit or only “signers”?
Delegates are not able to use Mobile Deposit; single or dual signers are the only ones authorized to use the service. (Will button disappear for delegates after they log in? If shows, will there be an error or decline message?)
- Will BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking work on any smartphone?
BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking is supported on the following smartphones:
- Apple iPhone® 5
- Apple iPhone® 4G, 4GS
- Apple iPhone® 3G, 3GS
- Apple iPod® Touch 2nd Generation
- BlackBerry® Q10, Z10
- BlackBerry® Curve 8900
- BlackBerry® Pearl Flip 8220
- BlackBerry® Pearl 8120
- Android® devices
- Which browsers are supported by BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking?
BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking is supported by the following browsers:
- BlackBerry Browser (RIM OW v4.5+)
- BlackBerry Browser (all RIMOW versions below 4.5 to 3.8)
- Mobile Safari for iPhone/iPod Touch
- Android Browser
- Internet Explorer Mobile (Windows Mobile)
- Opera Mini 4.2
- Opera Mobile 9.7 beta (Windows Mobile)
- How do I access Mobile Banking for smartphones?
First, you need to be able to use BlueShore Financial Online Banking, since the login process is the same. You simply need your Access Card number and to have set up a unique Personal Access Code (PAC) – and you can do that by visiting at any branch. If you've forgotten your PAC, you can have it reset at your branch or contact our Solution Centre to have a temporary PAC issued. Then, using your web-enabled smartphone, visit www.BlueShoreFinancial.com and click on the Mobile Banking banner that appears at the top of your screen; or, if you prefer, go directly to www.BlueShoreFinancial.com/m to access the main Mobile Banking menu and log in.
- What can I do using BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking on my smartphone?
With BlueShore Financial Mobile Banking you can:
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds
- Check account balances
- View transaction history
- Find a branch or a ding-free ATM